Our Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion publicly affirm their willingness and responsibility of being a servant to others. This is a real opportunity to express our commitment to being what we see Christ to be — the servant to others.
This ministry, comprised of men and women are called to serve by:
- taking Holy Communion to the sick and homebound
- helping the celebrant with the distribution of the Holy Eucharist at Mass
- greeting people as they arrive at Mass
- assisting, by laying on of hands, at the Healing Services
Along with the privilege to serve, we ask that you be actively involved, on a regular basis, in one of the other ministries of the church. This activity should support the spiritual life of the church such as:
- attending morning mass
- participating in centering prayer
- helping with CCD or RCIA.
- taking part in Tuesday adoration in the chapel (an integral part of this extraordinary responsibility.)
If you have any questions or would like additional information please contact:
Roberta Castillo 305-923-4668.
A copy of the scheduling form can be found here.